Sep 22, 2017


Nick Lowe’s The Rose Of England remains a highly engaging and often overlooked album. The title track tells a World War I-era tale and features a trademark Lowe hook. Nick took a huge swing at the charts, recording his version (previously recorded by Dave Edmunds) of his classic “I Knew The Bride” with pal Huey Lewis producing and his band the News providing the track. Fame and fortune may not have followed, but a solid batch of songs including covers of pals John Hiatt (“She Don’t Love Nobody”) and Elvis Costello (“Indoor Fireworks”) rubbed shoulders with Nick’s originals.

Tracklist

1. Darlin’ Angel Eyes
2. She Don’t Love Nobody
3. 7 Nights To Rock
4. Long Walk Back
5. The Rose Of England
6. Lucky Dog
7. I Knew The Bride (When She Used To Rock ‘N’ Roll)
8. Indoor Fireworks
9. (Hope To God) I’m Right
10. I Can Be The One You Love
11. Everyone
12. Bo Bo Ska Diddle

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

Blog Archive

2016. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts