Nov 28, 2016


Bobby Rush, at age 82, is at the peak of his powers as a singer, songwriter, harmonica player, and, above all, an entertainer. Porcupine Meat features all-new compositions that range from the down-and-dirty funk of “I Don’t Want Nobody Hanging Around” and the playful double entendre of “Catfish Stew,” to the deep blues of “Got Me Accused” and the slippery R&B of the title track (about the charms of an otherwise malicious lover). Guest guitar soloists include Keb’ Mo’, Joe Bonamassa, and Dave Alvin.

Tracklist

1. I Don’t Want Nobody Hanging Around
2. Porcupine Meat
3. Got Me Accused
4. Snake In The Grass
5. Funk O’ De Funk
6. Me, Myself And I (Featuring Joe Bonamassa)
7. Catfish Stew
8. It’s Your Move (Featuring Dave Alvin)
9. Nighttime Gardener (Featuring Keb’ Mo’)
10. I Think Your Dress Is Too Short
11. Standing On Shaky Ground
12. I’m Tired (Tangle Eye Mix)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Categories

Blog Archive

2016. Powered by Blogger.

Popular Posts